Valentine’s Day Dining Around Town
Enjoy delicious dining with your sweetheart for a romantic night at one of these local eateries.
A romantic Valentine’s Day dinner date with your sweetheart is a must – and with an abundance of restaurants offering special holiday menus and featured dishes, there’s still time to make a reservation. Here are five of the many options to look for a table.
This Valentine’s Day, the West Palm Beach eatery’s Chef Julian Gremaud is treating guests to a special appetizer of stone crabs followed by three romantic specials:
- Lobster Linguini featuring asparagus and mushrooms topped off with a bisque sauce and tarragon
- Petite Filet cooked to order and horseradish encrusted with truffle mashed potatoes
- Snapper for Two featuring a salt crust, salsa vérde, and fingerling potatoes
- Price: Varies. Reservations can be made by calling (561) 623-0822.
Chef Laurent is serving up a menu of flambé-centric cuisine featuring a variety of aphrodisiac foods and libations for Valentine’s Day. Guests can start their evening with a specialty cocktail, Yquem Bubbles and Kai-Kai Farm strawberry ($25 a glass) and heart-shaped beet and thyme macarons.
- Appetizer: Trio of baked oysters with cave-aged cheddar and maple flakes, avocado tartare, and a mini asparagus and truffle soup shot ($18 per person)
- Main course: Lobster and Cognac spaghetti flambéed inside a hollowed-out wheel of aged Parmigiano Reggiano ($120 per couple)
- Dessert: Grand Marnier pot de crème, flamed at the table ($20 per couple)
- Reservations can be made by calling (561) 508-7030.
The resort is offering private oceanfront cabana dining options for Valentine’s Day ($450 per couple, includes a four-course meal plus dessert, along with wine pairings by resort sommelier Levin Glane and a champagne toast) as well as a special menu at its flagship restaurant, Angle.
- First course: Cauliflower soup, black truffle
- Second course: Green Cay Farm Baby Beets with poached green apple, preserved lemon, arugula, and cucumbers; House-Made Pork Rillette Chicharron with Swank Farm green strawberry, watercress, and chocolate mole; Swank Farm Baby Greens with heirloom tomato, compressed watermelon, and radish
- Third course: “Champagne & Caviar,” granita and strawberry
- Fourth course: Creekstone Farm Ribeye with pepperonta, crispy rosemary fingerling potatoes, and Eau 1 sauce; Cape Cod Day Boat Scallop with roast oyster mushroom, risotto, and lemon ash
- Dessert: Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate!
- Price: $75 per person on Feb. 10 and 11, $95 per person on Feb. 14. Reservations can be made by calling (561) 540-4924.
The Sweetheart Menu at this Palm Beach Gardens steakhouse includes the choice of a signature salad or lobster bisque along with two six-ounce filet mignon, accompanied by two six-ounce cold water lobster tails and served with whipped potatoes, cream corn, vine-ripened tomatoes and spring onions, as well as a chocolate lover’s dessert.
- Price: $160 per couple. Reservations can be made by calling (561) 630-3660.
This fine-dining Italian eatery in Palm Beach Gardens is offering a three-course prix fixe menu chock full of delicious treats for the romantic holiday.
- Primo: Artichokes stuffed with garlic breadcrumbs and lemon butter; or Scungilli Salad with poached calamari, shrimp, scungilli, endive, arugula, frisée, roasted garlic, celery, and lemon-infused olive oil
- Secondo: Lobster Francese served over truffle mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus; Linguini Frutti di Mare (with Maine lobster, Cedar Key clams, tiger shrimp, salmon, calamari, mussels, and San Marzano red sauce); or Braciole (rolled and braised skirt steak stuffed with soppressata, fontina, Parmesan breadcrumbs, roasted garlic, mozzarella, and served over linguini aglio e olio)
- Dolce: San Gennaro’s Valentine Feast, a shareable assortment of cannoli, tiramisu, zeppole, and biscotti
- Price: $55 per person. Reservations can be made by calling (561) 630-9899.