Chef Daniel Boulud is once again brightening Palm Beach’s summer dining experience with the return of the popular Boulud Sud. Originally opened in New York in 2012 – as well at the Brazilian Court in pop-up style – the menu is Boulud’s take on Mediterranean cuisine, touching on Spanish, Italian, Greek, Turkish and North African flavors for a light and balanced meal that’s perfectly suited for South Florida’s steamy summer nights.
Open for dinner from July 1 to October 1, Boulud Sud will setup shop on the air-conditioned terrace of the Brazilian Court with a Provencal theme, complete with an enclosure to help keep the summer elements at bay. The dishes are the definition of delectable, with many of the ingredients sourced locally, with the menu touching on just about everything. To make your meal a well-rounded Mediterranean affair, try ordering from all three categories: de la mer, du jardin and de la ferme (from the sea, garden and farm). For a starter, the stone baked Arabic flatbread, complete with spiced lamb, Labneh and pepperoncini goes great with the Florida flounder – a plate of chickpea panisse, artichoke, squid and pimento – rounded out with sautéed spinach. Though one can’t go wrong with the Catalan rabbit sausage as an appetizer or an entrée.
Also on the foodie docket, Café Boulud’s three-course prix fixe lunch menu, served Monday through Friday from 12-2:30 p.m. For just $20.14 (you read that right), guests can enjoy one selection of each of the following courses for a lunch that will not soon be forgotten (this is probably the best dining deal in all of Palm Beach):
- Chilled Asparagus Velouté with lemon crème fraîche
- Beet Tartare complete with pickled quail egg, ramps, pumpernickel and arugula
- Baby Greens - shaved vegetables crudités with a mustard vinaigrette
- Housemade Tagliatelle: braised lamb with broccoli rabe and pistachio-mint pesto
- Jumbo Lump Crab Cake with cornbread, coleslaw and remoulade
- Grilled Calves Liver with pommes purée, lardons red onion jam and sauce diable
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with mixed berries, raspberry sorbet
- Key Lime Pie with lemon sauce and pink grapefruit sorbet