Florida Lobster Quiche
Yields 4 servings
- 1 9-inch pie shell, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups lobster meat, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread lobster meat in the pie shell; top with cheeses. Combine eggs, wine, half and half, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, scallions, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over lobster and cheeses. Sprinkle top with nutmeg. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes until custard is set. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve hot or at room temperature as an appetizer or main dish.
Nutritional Value Per Serving
- Calories 320, Calories From Fat 168, Total Fat 19g, Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fatty Acid 0.13, Cholesterol 318mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g, Protein 28g, Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.33g
For more Florida spiny lobster recipes, click here.
The official Chef of Florida, Justin Timineri, shares some of his recipes with us. A proponent of eating healthy, locally-grown and harvested produce and seafood, Timineri's recipes imbue that Fresh From Florida flavor. For more on chef Justin, click here.
Recipes and images courtesy of Chef Justin Timineri and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. For more recipes coming from Timineri's kitchen, click here.