The White Apron's mini grilled flatbread pizza with tomato, mozzarella and basil has elevated the bite-sized delights from the tooth-pick circuit to an art form. Try the recipe below for your next shindig at home.
Tomato Mozzarella Flatbread
- 4 oz. pizza dough
- 3 oz. buffalo mozzarella, small dice
- 2 Tbl fresh basil, julienne strips
- ½ cup favorite heirloom tomato, small dice
- Extra virgin olive oil
1) Roll out pizza dough until very thin.
2) Quickly grill on both sides to set dough.
3) Lightly brush one side with olive oil.
4) Gently toss remainder of ingredients together and sprinkle over oiled side of dough.
5) Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.
6) Return to grill, offset from heat, to finish cooking.
Recipe courtesy of The White Apron.
Photo by Robert Nelson.