Explore the culinary likings of Palm Beach County on a unique tasting tour where food and history make interesting bedfellows. Every month, the Taste History Culinary Tours brings tasters to three to four restaurants, eateries or markets in four historic Palm Beach County neighborhoods: Lake Worth, Lantana, Boynton Beach and Delray Beach. Tourists cruise in an air-conditioned bus as a narrator points out interesting local and regional historical tidbits.
The tour rides into Lake Worth and Lantana’s downtown and historic districts every second Saturday while visiting Delray Beach and Boynton Beach every third and fourth Saturday. Tours include samplings and tastings from local and family-owned restaurants and eateries, meet and greets with the owners or chefs and information on the cuisine on the tasting, such as the history of the cuisine and its cultural significance. Culinary likings range from American comfort food to international tastes, including Australian, Brazilian, Caribbean, French, Russian and Mediterranean.
Not just limited to eateries, the tour, which is a combination bus and walking junket, also visits art galleries, shops and historical landmarks and buildings. This allows guests to fully explore some of Palm Beach County’s quaint, historic neighborhoods while learning about the local community’s history.
- Tours take approximately four hours.
- Admission costs $40 per person.
- The bus departs from the Boynton Beach Macy’s at 11 a.m.
- Limited to 15- 20 people, reservations and pre-payment are required. To purchase, visit tastehistoryculinarytours.eventbrite.com.
- For more information, call 561-734-5467 or visit tastehistoryculinarytours.org/culinaryfoodtours.
Presented by the Museum of Lifestyle and Fashion History.