Looking for the perfect cocktail for spring? Forget the mimosa, sip on this: Pistache's refreshing and citrusy Blood Orange French 75.
Blood Orange French 75
- 2oz. Aviation Gin
- 1oz. Blood Orange Shrub (see recipe below)
- 1/2 Lemon (small, juiced)
- 3oz. sparkling wine (or Champagne)
- Ice, Blood Orange Garnish
Mix the Aviation Gin, Blood Orange Shrub and lemon in a shaker. Pour into glass. Top with Sparkling wine (or Champagne). Garnish with a Slice of Blood Orange.
Blood Orange Shrub
Yields 2 cups
- 1 cup Blood Orange juice, freshly squeezed (about 5 oranges)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
In a large sealable jar, combine blood orange juice and sugar, and let it sit until sugar to completely dissolved—about an hour (agitate every so often to speed the process up).
Once fully dissolved, add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar, stirring to combine. (For a milder shrub, use ¾ cup of apple cider vinegar.)
Seal and refrigerate until use. For best results, use within two months of making.