Give your kitchen an infusion of gastronomic creativity with this recipe for Smoked Mussel Piperade from PB Catch. Part of Chef du Cuisne Aaron Black’s Seacuterie—a seafood take on the cured meat dish charcuterie—this recipe gives a new depth of flavor to that mussel dish.
Make the Seacuterie plate complete with this recipe for Salmon Pastrami.
Smoked Mussel Piperade
- 1 lb mussels
- 5 red peppers roasted & peeled
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 Tbs each chopped parsley, thyme & basil
- 1 qt cold pressed unfiltered olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Skin of 1/4 preserved lemon minced
- Smoke mussels at 165 degrees with applewood until they have been open for ten minutes.
- Remove from shell and combine with other ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight to combine flavors.