For the traditionalist, there is nothing better then simply broiling a Florida lobster tail basted in butter. Enjoy!
Butter Broiled Florida Lobster Tails
Yields 4 servings
- 4 (6-9-ounce) spiny lobster tails, split open in the shell
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven broiler on medium high.
- Place all four of the lobsters on a cookie sheet, and make sure they are opened up down the middle. Evenly spread the softened butter over each of the lobster tails meat. Lightly season each lobster tail with salt and pepper.
- Place lobsters in the oven on the middle rack under the broiler. Let lobster cook under the broiler for about 7 minutes or until just barely cooked throughout.
- Remove lobsters from oven and let cool slightly. Serve lobster tails warm with fresh lemon.
For more Florida spiny lobster recipes, click here.
The official Chef of Florida, Justin Timineri, shares some of his recipes with us. A proponent of eating healthy, locally-grown and harvested produce and seafood, Timineri's recipes imbue that Fresh From Florida flavor. For more on chef Justin, click here.
Recipes and images courtesy of Chef Justin Timineri and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. For more recipes coming from Timineri's kitchen, click here.