Delray Beach’s haute beach cuisine specialist 50 Ocean is turning things up this summer with its “Spirited Dining Experience.” With chef Blake Malatesta at the helm, 50 Ocean will hosting special, five-course meals expertly paired with a spirit, cocktail, wine or craft beer.
June 3 marks the first food/spirit pairing, featuring Facundo Rum Collection, four expertly crafted sipping rums named for the historic House Bacardi’s founder Don Facundo Bacardi Massó.
- A seat at the table will cost $89. Reservations are required; call 561-278-3364 to RSVP.
The five-course menu is as follows:
- NEO hand shaken daiquiri paired with Tostone (rock shrimp asada, roasted corn, avocado salsa, charred lime crème fraiche)
- EXIMO paired with Cigar Box Scallops (cedar smoked, honey oat streusel, five-spiced banana)
- EXQUISITO paired with “Waldorf” (36-hour pork cheeks, white bean and walnut salad, smoked grapes, rum raisin vinaigrette)
- PARAISO paired with Surf n’ Turf (lobster “dexell,” seared foie gras, cognac butter, dried plums in a blanket)
- Bacardi 8 paired with Blackberry Pudding (candied walnuts, lemon scented cream, fresh press maple syrup)
On June 24, the five-course menu will touch on all the senses with a wine-paired five-course meal that is sure to enliven the summer palate.
- A seat at the table costs $140 per diner. Reservations are required; call 561-278-3364 to RSVP.
The “Assualt of the Senses” five-course menu is as follows:
- Sight: Duo of east coast paired with a Duo of Moet et Chandon “Shooters”
- Sound: Forest – Edible soil, wild and tamed mushrooms, cabbage patch, roasted onion, edible flora and fauna, watering can vinaigrette paired with Domaine Druhin Pinot Noir
- Smell: The Sea – Tapioca sand with cured local wahoo, beachwood mushrooms, seabeans, poached scallops and lobster tail paired with Sake Sizzle
- Taste: To the minute, six minutes, sixty minutes and beyond – Jackman Ranch Akaushi striploin paired with a vertical tasting of Duckhorn Cabernet Sauvignon
- Touch: Drunk Doughnuts with spiced rum caramel, Chambord, Godiva chocolate and paired with DIY Java