What: Palm Beach Illustrated’s Education Awards will recognize individuals and organizations making an impact on education in the Palm Beaches. Consistent with Palm Beach Illustrated magazine’s commitment to literacy and the advancement of education, this annual program is a celebration of the diversity, innovation, and collaborative spirit of our academic community. Awards will be presented in three categories:
Educator of the Year This award will be given to a Palm Beach County educator whose course materials have had a significant impact on students and peers, and who has demonstrated best and/or innovative educational practices in the classroom.
- Zachary Placido, Citrus Cove Elementary School
- Randi Brightman, Benoist Farms Elementary School
- Barbara Bayless Close, Palm Beach Day Academy
- Sabrina Hughey, Jupiter Middle School
- Courtney Demri, The Greene School
Outstanding Academic Program This honor will be awarded to a single program at a Palm Beach County academic institution. Award criteria include learning outcomes, impact on students and the community, and level of innovation.
- Grandview Goes Green, Grandview Preparatory School
- Path to College Fellowship
- Prestigious National Scholarship Program, Palm Beach Atlantic University
- New Faculty Experience, Palm Beach State College
- Suits for Seniors
Award for Institutional Excellence This award will be presented to a Palm Beach County institution that has demonstrated exemplary achievements in academic excellence and student success, has championed diversity and inclusion, and has effectively engaged in community outreach and partnerships.
- Grandview Preparatory School
- Pahokee Middle High School
- South Florida Science Center
- Oxbridge Academy
- Path to College Foundation
When: October 22, 2020 Reception: 5:30 – 6:15 p.m. Panel Discussion and Awards Ceremony: 6:15 – 7:30 p.m.
Where: Hilton West Palm Beach 600 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach FL 33401
How to dress: Business attire
Featuring a panel discussion on “Diversity and Inclusion in Schools” Panelists:
- Justin Perry, PhD, Dean, Wilkes Honors College
- Courtney Portlock, Assistant Head of School, Oxbridge Academy
- Sally Rozanski, Principal, Bak Middle School of the Arts