Commemorating Bastille Day is not just relegated to France anymore. With France’s National Day looming, don’t let the thought of croissants and macarons dancing the can-can consume your mind, but celebrate our sisters in democracy by visiting one of these prime Palm Beach Francophile eateries.
Pistache French Bistro
West Palm Beach’s classic French bistro Pistache will be pulling all the stops on the weekend leading up to Bastille Day – July 14 – with special events and dining specials on Saturday, Sunday and, of course, Monday.
The party begins on Saturday with a live DJ spinning some tunes, an art exhibit featuring the work of photographer Thomas Bollinger and plenty of cocktail and champagne specials – because what would a Bastille Day celebration be without champagne?
Also on the plate for Saturday, Pistache continues its annual Tour du Monde – a six-month long culinary tour of the globe from June to November – with a special look at look to the gastronomic selections of France.
Make plans on returning to Pistache early on Sunday for its famed brunch in preparation of the World Cup Final at 4 p.m. Sit back and watch Germany battle it out with Argentina on the pitch, closing one of the most exciting World Cup tournaments in decades, while sipping on some bubbly.
On Bastille Day, the French-inspired Tour du Monde three-course prix fixe menu will be reprised for a special National Day dinner – bon appétit!
- Reservations are recommended. Call 561-833-5090 to reserve your table.
- For more information, visit pistachewpb.com.
Pistache French Bistro’s Tour du Monde three-course Bastille Day prix-fixe menu is as follows:
- Salad de endive: charred radicchio, chorizo, haricot vert, cherry tomato, quail egg, leek vinaigrette
- Ragoût d’escargots forestiére: roasted wild mushrooms, vol au vent, garlic shallot tomato cream sauce
- Onion soup gratinee: with gruyère cheese
- Lamb breast a la gardiane: slow braised lamb breast, confit fennel & fingerling potatoes, oven-dried tomatoes, preserved lemon jus
- Saumon larde au raifort: roast salmon with bacon, le puy lentils and horseradish cream
- Steak frites: char grilled hanger steak, pomme pont neuf watercress, bonemarrow roasted shallot butter
- Pistachio crème brulée: candied pistachios
- Mousse au chocolate: rich dark chocolate mousse
Liberté, egalité and fraternité can all be found this Saturday and Sunday, July 12-13, at Café L’Europe when the Palm Beach eatery celebrates Bastille Day with a Franco-focused menu. A special three-course prix fixe menu ($48.50) steeped in French flavor will offer diners a chance to whisk their palates off to the Champs-Élysées without ever boarding a jet. Adding to the Parisian ambiance, renowned pianist Sasha Wagner will perform popular French music by Edith Piaf, Gilbert Bécaud, Maurice Chevalier and more.
- Reservations are recommended. Call to 561-655-8272 to reserve a table.
- For more information, visit cafeleurope.com.
Café L’Europe’s three-course Bastille Day prix-fixe menu includes:
- Tarte a l’oignon aux trios framages, petite salad: Onion tartlet of red, yellow and sweet onions, with chevre, Roquefort and cream cheese with a salad of baby arugula, red and yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, balsamic vinaigrette
- Escargots Bourguignonne: Snails in garlic butter, white wines, shallots and parsley
- L’assiette Charcutière: Prosciutto di Parma, bresaola, saucisson sec, rosiette de Lyon, cornichons, pommery mustard
- Loup de Mer: Mediterranean sea bass, lemon-caper butter, chives, tomato concasse, Israeli toasted couscous, spinach, citrus salad, summer pea coulis
- Poulet Farcie au Champignons: Pine nut and herb-crusted sautéed chicken breast with a filling of mushroom duxelles, creamed corn and Brussels sprouts
- Entrecote Grille “Au Poivre”: grilled 8 oz. prime sirloin steak, French fries, vichy carrots, haricots verts, peppercorn sauce
- Bleu, Blanc, Rouge: Opera cake with coffee anglaise, orange-lavender crème caramel with marinated fruit profiterole, vanilla ice cream, strawberry sauce
- Petite Assiette de Fromage: cheese plate with walnut crusted chevre, brie, manchego el trigal, English stilton