Welcome to Palm Beach Illustrated’s first annual Education Awards. We welcome nominations through June 14, 2019 in three categories outlined below:
1. Educator of the Year
This award will be given to a Palm Beach County educator whose course materials have had a significant impact on students and peers, and who has demonstrated best and/or innovative educational practices in the classroom.
2. Outstanding Academic Program
This honor will be awarded to a single program at a Palm Beach County academic institution. Award criteria include learning outcomes, impact on students and the community, and level of innovation.
3. Award for Institutional Excellence
This award will be presented to a Palm Beach County institution that has demonstrated exemplary achievements in academic excellence and student success, has championed diversity and inclusion, and has effectively engaged in community outreach and partnerships.
Rules and FAQs:
- Nominations are accepted from the community at large.
- Organizations and individuals may self-nominate.
- Any Palm Beach County educational institution—public, private, charter K-12 schools; private or state colleges and universities—is eligible to enter.
- Nominations will be accepted online only through 11:59 PM on June 14, 2019. No exceptions. There is no limit on the number of nominations from a single institution.
- Nominees will be shortlisted by a Palm Beach Illustrated–appointed panel to five finalists per category. Educator of the Year nominees will be featured in the September issue of Palm Beach Illustrated.
- Voting will be conducted online for a one-week period prior to, and during, the Education Awards Dinner in September.
- Award recipients will be announced at the Education Awards Dinner.