Children and adults with autism spectrum disorder have found an ally in pro golfer Ernie Els and his wife, Liezl. Fresh off the groundbreaking of the Els Center of Excellence in Jupiter, Els for Autism will host its second annual Craft Beer and Food Pairing Experience at Old Palm Golf Club on April 10.
The ultimate in beer and food pairings, this event uses a loose golf theme—the back nine—with nine beers brewed by Tequesta Brewing Company expertly paired with bites from nine local restaurants and chefs. The event, part of Els for Autism’s campaign to raise funds for the Els Center of Excellence, will also have a silent auction and closest-to-the-pin contest, giving everyone a chance to take home a prize from the evening. With some of North County’s best eateries thrown into the mix, including Coolinary Cafe, Leftovers, Café Chardonnay and Evo, organizers hope to top last year’s mark of more than $30,000 raised.
- The second annual Craft Beer and Food Pairing Experience will run 6-9 p.m. on April 10.
- Tickets cost $125 per person.
- Attendees must be 21 and older.
- Dress code: country club casual
- For more information, visit elsforautism.com.