- This event has passed.
Boynton Beach Climate Action Workshop
October 29, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
The City of Boynton Beach started planning for climate change a decade ago with the release of its first Climate Action Plan in 2010 and adoption of the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact in 2012. In 2018, the City joined the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy—an alliance of 10,000+ cities around the world committed to climate leadership.
Now, the Office of Sustainability is developing a new 2020 Climate Action Plan and wants to hear from you!
This interactive workshop will allow you to:
• Review the science of climate change and why it matters to Boynton Beach
• Understand the sources of the City’s greenhouse gas emissions
• Comment on the City’s proposed greenhouse gas reduction targets
• Help prioritize strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
• Discuss what the City is doing to prepare for a changing climate
• Discuss the additional benefits of climate action for our community
If you would like to share any comments or suggestions about climate action and sustainability in Boynton Beach, please contact Rebecca Harvey, Sustainability Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-742-6494.