- This event has passed.
Clematis by Night Holiday Tree Lighting
November 29, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 6:15 pmFree
Festivities start at 6 p.m.Save the date for the City of West Palm Beach’s annual holiday tree lighting! After nearly a month-long preparation, “Sandi,” the world’s only 700-ton sand tree will be ready to make her debut. The 35-foot star of the City’s annual Holiday in Paradise campaign will bring merriment and cheer through December 31, including nightly light shows and a cast of supporting characters. Returning characters and activities this year include Duke, a “Great Dane for a Great Dame” who made his big debut last year, “Glow FORE it Mini Golf,” “SnowieVille,” “Reindeer Games Trivia,” and Sandi’s dressing room.
As with every year, Sandi’s story will unfold a little bit more this season. Be sure to “note” your calendar to hear more about Sandi’s travels and watch her light up West Palm Beach! New this year, Sandi will return to the waterfront with a talented, new friend, Merry the Mermaid, whose melodies will captivate all this holiday season.
Entertainment lineup for 11/29:
· Generation Gap (a cappella): four guys and one doll, who harmonize hits from yesterday
· Jerry Wayne’s Private Party Band Jerry Wayne’s Private Party Band is a high energy and interactive band. Known for keeping everyone dancing and moving for many years, the band covers all styles of music from Top 40 to nostalgic favorites from every decade. For this special event, the band will be covering popular holiday hits for the crowd to enjoy.
· Santa Claus and a mermaid will be on site and ready to put on big selfie smiles for photos!
DAILY EVENTS/THINGS TO DO (starting evening of 11/29 – 12/31):
· SnowieVille | Great Lawn (Great Lawn on the West Palm Beach Waterfront, 100 Clematis Street, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 (N. Clematis St., just west of Flagler Drive)
Open Mon. – Fri. from 6 – 10 p.m. and on Sat./Sun. from 12 noon – 10 p.m. | Free
Visitors to the Great Lawn are encouraged to make their own life-size, tropical snowman for a seasonal selfie to remember!
· Sandi’s Dressing Room |
Open Mon. – Fri. from 6 – 10 p.m. and on Sat./Sun. from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. | Free
Want to see what it takes to make a star ready for the show? Visitors to the West Palm Beach Waterfront are encouraged to get a behind-the-scenes tour of Sandi’s Dressing Room, which includes accessories for all of her travel companions, too.
Also, be sure to tune in for updates on weekly Sandie-Oakie in Sandi’s Dressing Room, courtesy of AMP Music Lab. Visitors to the waterfront should be sure to belt out their best tunes, because a video keepsake will be available. Exact dates TBD.
· Glow FORE it Mini Golf | along the Intracoastal Waterway on Flagler Drive across from the Great Lawn
Open Mon. – Fri. from 6 – 10 p.m.; Open Sat. and Sun. from noon – 10 p.m. | Free Mon. – Wed. as a holiday gift from the City of West Palm Beach and $2.50 Thurs. – Sun.
Situated along the Intracoastal Waterway, Glow FORE it Mini Golf is a 9-hole, mini-golf course – that glows in the dark! The course is decked out in holiday-themed decorations and gets lit nightly with neon lights.
As an extra special holiday treat, the City of West Palm Beach has partnered with AMP Music Lab, who will motivate mini golfers with tunes from their DJ booth. AMP Music Lab will be on the waterfront on Wed. and Thurs. nights, while golf is in full swing (from 6 – 10 p.m.).
· Selfie spots | throughout the Great Lawn
Open daily | Free
Selfie highlights this season include cutouts for adults and children of sea creatures playing musical instruments; a NEW elf cutout; and an oversize ornament, where multiple guests can sit inside and snap a shot.
· Sandi Mail | at the West Palm Beach Visitors Center
Drop a letter in the mail to Sandi, everyone’s favorite seasonal sand tree. Visit the new mailbox by the West Palm Beach Visitors Center and drop her a line – then wait by your own mailbox at home, where she just might send you some salty and sassy holiday cheer!