- This event has passed.
SleepIn for SleepOut
April 9 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
To help raise awareness for homelessness, The Lord’s Place will be hosting their FREE virtual event – SleepIn for SleepOut on Friday, April 9th (4/9/21), starting at 6 PM. This fundraising event will feature powerful stories by those affected by homelessness, as well as a wide range of activities for all ages to help educate people on homelessness…and seeks to raise funds to help impact the lives of 1,700 men, women, and children served annually in their journey out of homelessness. This inspirational event will encourage you to set up sleeping bags and tents in your home, learn more about homelessness, and inform you on how you can be a part of the solution.
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Menu of Pre-Program Activities
• Cooking with Chef Robert of Joshua Catering (6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.)
• Panel About Homelessness – Clients of The Lord’s Place (6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
• SleepIn for SleepOut Resource Guide: Movies and Books about Homelessness.
• Information on The Lord’s Place Life-Changing Programs and Services.
7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
• Virtual SleepIn for SleepOut Program (30 minutes).
7:45 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Candlelight Ceremony: Light your candle and join us on Zoom for a special live presentation with Diana Stanley, CEO of The Lord’s Place. Turn your camera on, so our community can see your light shine in support of those who are affected by homelessness. This moment will be led in song by staff of The Lord’s Place and will inspire you to make a positive impact in our community for those less fortunate. (15 minutes).
8:00 p.m. Beyond
• Joshua Thrift Store Showcase: Selling Event and Fun! (8:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.)
• Now that we have shined a light on ending homelessness, take a moment to reflect…perhaps watch a movie or read a book from our reference guide, sleep somewhere other than the comfort of your bed, or reach out to someone you know who is in need.
• Take photos and share your SleepIn for SleepOut story with us via social media – Hashtags: #TLPSleepInforSleepOut, #TLPEndingHomelessness.
Social Media Handles:
• Facebook: @thelordsplace
• Instagram: @thelordsplace_
• Twitter: @TheLordsPlace
• Linkedin: The Lord’s Place
• Youtube: TheLordsPlace
8:00 a.m. – Saturday, April 10, 2021
• Virtual SleepIn for SleepOut Morning Reflection: Join us for a moment of reflection to complete this special event and honor those affected by homelessness. It will be available on the website and social media and can be viewed at your leisure. (5 minutes).
Registration: The event and program on Friday, April 9 is FREE for everyone to join. If you would like to help us meet our $375,000 goal by donating or starting a team, you can register FREE at www.SleepOutTLP.org with the code “FreeEvent.” We hope this inspirational event raises the much-needed funds and awareness to serve those who are homeless today, as well as those in the future in need of help.
Sponsorship: Sponsorship is available in several levels: Heavy Sleeper ($25,000), Deep Sleeper ($10,000), Light Sleeper ($5,000), Restless Sleeper ($2,500), and Insomniac ($1,500). SleepOut Sponsorship sustains our programs throughout the year. Sponsor as a company, family, or team! Contact Marilyn Munoz for more information: 561.578.4928.
About the Lord’s Place: The Lord’s Place is dedicated to breaking the cycle of homelessness by providing innovative, compassionate, and effective services to men, women, and children in Palm Beach County. For four decades, we have transformed the lives of those who are suffering in our community. Today, we operate 10+ housing programs for the homeless and formerly incarcerated, and several affordable graduate housing facilities. Our Café Joshua job training program offers comprehensive employment services to 400 high-barrier jobseekers. Our purpose is to ensure that every family and individual experiencing homelessness in Palm Beach County has a place to call home, and they receive the supportive services needed to regain self-sufficiency. www.thelordsplace.org