Steinour Family Apple Sausage Stuffing Recipe
- 16-ounce bag stuffing cubes
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pan and 2 tbsp. for topping
- 1 pound fresh sage sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 to 2 celery stalks with leaves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Put the stuffing cubes in a large bowl and set aside. Butter a 3-quart casserole dish. Melt 2 tbsp. of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until it loses most of its pink color, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage and pan drippings to the stuffing cubes.
Melt the remaining butter in the pan. Add the onion, apple, celery, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Add the broth and parsley and bring to a boil. Pour the vegetable mixture over the stuffing cubes and toss until evenly moistened. Mix in the eggs. Loosely pack the dressing in the prepared pan and cook uncovered until the top forms a crust, about 40 minutes. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the top. Cook until the top is crisp and golden, about 20 minutes more.
Empire State of Mind Cocktail Recipe
- 1.5 oz Hudson Short Stack Whiskey
- 0.5 oz. Nux Alpina Walnut Liqueur
- 0.25 oz. maple syrup
- 3 dashes Bittercube Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters
- 2 dashes housemade five-spice bitters
- Finish with sweetened coffee ice cubes
Holiday Tips from Chef Guillermo Eleicegui
- Brine turkey at least 2 days in advance, using water, salt, herbs, sugar and citrus. This prevents the turkey from being dry and gives additional flavor
- Have a good homemade cranberry sauce with fresh cranberries, ginger and orange
- For stuffing, make sure to include sage, thyme, rosemary and parsley (herbs that represent Thanksgiving) and choose an Argentinian sausage
We’ve teamed up with Galley at Hilton West Palm Beach to give away a free Thanksgiving Carryout Meal for four and a sit-down Thanksgiving Dinner for four (reservation time based upon seating availability) at Galley. Submit your name, email, and select your prize preference (Dine In/Carryout) below by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, November 21, to enter!
Check out the Thanksgiving Carryout menu from Galley here.