The best part of stone crab season is dining on these succulent delicacies. Here we share a Fresh From Florida recipe infused with some rich tropical flavor, Mango Marinated Stone Crab Claws.
Mango Marinated Stone Crab Claws
- 3 pounds medium stone crab claws
- 2 cups ripe mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Salad greens
- Crack claws and remove shell and movable pincer, leaving the meat attached to the remaining pincer. Place in a single layer in a shallow dish. To make salsa marinade, combine mango, cilantro, peppers, lime juice and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Taste for seasoning, adding more lime juice and/or brown sugar as needed. Spoon the salsa mixture over the meaty part of crab claws.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours. Serve claws on a bed of salad greens with mango salsa as an appetizer.
The official chef of Florida, Justin Timineri, shares some of his recipes with us. A proponent of eating healthy, locally grown and harvested produce and seafood, Timineri creates recipes that imbue that Fresh From Florida flavor. For more on Chef Justin, click here.
Recipes and images courtesy of Chef Justin Timineri and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. For more recipes from Timineri’s kitchen, click here.