The Florida State League is well underway at Jupiter’s Roger Dean Stadium. Home to the Jupiter Hammerheads and Palm Beach Cardinals—the Miami Marlins and St. Louis Cardinals respective Class-A Advanced farm teams—fans can catch a ballgame just about every day of the week. And with the wide array of special events and promoitions happening at the stadium, headed to a game is a win, win.
Special Events | July
On select Saturdays throughout the Florida State League season, Roger Dean Stadium breaks out the big bats for special events. Here’s a listing for July’s remaining events (we will update this portion each month):
On July 18, bring your appetite for Swings and Wings, Roger Dean’s all-you-can-eat chicken wing night. Local restaurants and chefs are welcome to put their prized chicken wing recipe to the test for the lip smackin’ good party, with the fans naming a people’s choice winner for some serious bragging rights. Admission costs $25 at the door ($20 in advance); includes one complimentary beverage of choice.
Fun-time Bonus: Bring Fido for Dog Days of Summer, Saturday, July 25. The pooch pass costs $5.
Spring training may have come and gone, but the baseball fun at Roger Dean Stadium is still abuzz. From April 9 through September 6, between the Jupiter Hammerheads and the Palm Beach Cardinals—the Miami Marlins and St. Louis Cardinals respective Class-A Advanced farm teams—fans can catch a ballgame just about every day of the week.
Compared to the swelling crowds of spring training, Florida State League games are relatively calm, with plenty of room for fans to stretch their legs. But this doesn’t mean this is chump ball; the players on the diamond are the future of the game, earning their stripes before being called up to the big dance. It’s a great opportunity to see the future stars of Major League Baseball in an intimate setting—roughly 6,800 seats in the stadium—without having to travel for miles to the ballpark in Little Havana. What’s more, the stadium has an array of special events, promotional nights and parties to stoke the baseball flame.
- First pitch is 6:30 p.m. on Monday through Friday (special events may change times); Saturday at 5:30 p.m., and 1 p.m. on Sunday. For a complete schedule of games and events, click here. Tickets cost $10 for adults, $8 for kids. For more information, call the ticket office at 561-630-1828 or visit rogerdeanstadium.com.
Just about every day has a special theme or promotion involved. Here’s the breakdown:
- Mondays are dedicated to Roger Dean Stadium’s home, Abacoa. Abacoa Night gives the stadium’s neighbors a chance to purchase a $25 membership, giving free admission to all 19 Monday night games, $1 hotdogs and sodas, and discounts at area restaurants and bars.
- Tuesdays are all about future baseball fans. The Knothole Gang Kids Club is a great way to get kids to the ballpark without breaking the bank. Open to kids up to the age of 15, membership costs $25, which gets them free admission to every Tuesday night game, and a free hotdog and soda, a tee-shirt and invitations to special Roger Dean Stadium events, like autograph sessions, baseball clinics, scavenger hunts and more. To sign you kid up for the Knothole Gang, click here [PDF].
- On Wednesdays, older fans of the game get their chance to enjoy some ball. Silver Slugger Nights lets fans 55 years young and up get special perks, including free hotdogs and sodas, discounts at the team store, Baseball Bingo, and more, when joining for $25. For more information about membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday nights is for those who enjoy a brew with their baseball. Let’s Have a Party night lets fans get a discount on those suds. Here’s the deal, purchase the special red cup for $10, every beer after costs $1 for domestics, $2 for craft beers. Bring the cup back on subsequent Thursdays to keep the discount alive.
- Fridays are dedicated to the number four. Dubbed Four Pack Fridays, for $44 you get four tickets, four hotdogs and four sodas. It’s the perfect way to kick start the weekend with friends and family.
- Saturdays are reserved for special events. From pre and post game concerts, fireworks, the always popular “Halfway to Halloween” night, pet-friendly evenings with “Dog Days of Summer,” the “Lip Smackin’ BBQ Fest,” and much more. A listing of Roger Dean’s upcoming special events, by month, can be found above.
- On Sundays, it’s all about family. Sonny’s BBQ Family Days invites parents and kids to arrive to the park early to play a game of catch on the field, and stick around following the game for a chance to run the bases.