Breaking into theater is difficult. So when a young actor lands that first role, as small as the part may be, it has the potential of being a watershed moment, the catalyst for dreams coming to fruition. Evening Star Productions, a nonprofit theater company based in Boca Raton, is dedicated helping young performers interested in pursuing a career in theater by providing experience, education and support with a full season of plays, starting in August with William Shakespeare’s The Comedy of Errors. These plays incorporate young-adult actors, stage managers and designers as they pursue their vision of the work within a professional theater environment.
The first play of Evening Star Productions’ 2014-15 season, Shakespeare’s The Comedy of Errors, is one of the Bard’s first and incorporates his classic thematic devices like mistaken identity and word play—while including a heavy dose of slapstick for good measure. The story follows two sets of identical twins who were separated at birth. When Antipholus and Dromio of Syracuse travel to Ephesus, a series of antics, false accusations and even demonic possessions ensues as the Syracusans are mistaken for their long-lost Ephesian brothers.
- The Comedy of Errors will take the Sol Theatre stage August 29-31. Admission costs $15 for adults, $10 for students.
- Showtimes are as follows: Fridays at 7 p.m.; Saturdays at 2 and 7 p.m.; Sundays at 2 p.m.
- For more information, visit eveningstarproductions.org.
Evening Star Productions 2014-15 season continues with the following plays:
- The Subject of Roses, September 12-28
- The Gin Game, February 26-March 15
- The Addams Family, April 16-May 3
- The Last Five Years, July 16-August 2