Florida Atlantic University’s Theatre Lab is closing out its second season with a bang. From May 10-14, Theatre Lab will bring the latest works from some the country’s top playwrights to South Florida as part of its popular New Play Festival. Starting with an evening of short plays, the festival continues with daily readings followed by post-show discussions that will illuminate the process and inspiration behind each piece. Some of the featured works might even end up with a full production on the Theatre Lab stage in the near future. The festivities conclude on Sunday, May 14, with a presentation of Most Wanted by Peter Sagal. When not penning plays, Sagal hosts the hilarious NPR news show, Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me. All events will take place in Parliament Hall on FAU’s Boca Raton campus.
- May 10, 7:30 p.m.: An Evening of Short Plays
- May 11, 7:30 p.m.: The November Laws by Christopher Demos-Brown
- May 12, 7:30 p.m.: 381 Bleecker by Gia Marotta
- May 13, 3 p.m.: The Prey by Gina Montet
- May 13, 7:30 p.m.: Hurricane Colleen by Tammy Ryan
- May 14, 3 p.m.: Most Wanted by Peter Sagal