The Boca Raton dining scene recently got a little tastier with the opening of Corvina Seafood Grill. The new 235-seat eatery features coastal-inspired interiors, a loungy patio area, and an eclectic food program courtesy of executive chef Jeff Tunks. Ranging from sushi to fresh catch and numerous creatively composed dishes in between, the menu reflects chef Tunks’ varied culinary experiences and influences. Below, we spotlight a few standouts to sample now.
- Try the bread. While many might skip a bread course to save room for what’s to come, Corvina’s mini popovers are downright divine. Not only are they cheesy and come with a wonderful herb butter, but they’re gluten-free too.
- Begin with sushi. After throwing back a few fresh oysters, nothing will get your palate going like one of chef Tunks’ unique sushi rolls. The Salmon Sunset Roll, for example, is a refreshing pairing of salmon, spicy tuna, avocado, crunchy flakes, and citrus sriracha, while the Joe Versus the Volcano Roll is a fiery combination of crispy shrimp, avocado, flame-torched spicy tuna, and lava sauce.
- Don’t skimp on the appetizers. Broken up into chilled, hot, and soups and salads, the pre-entrée delights abound. Part of the soups and salads section, the chargrilled octopus boasts Greek flavors in the form of pearl pasta tabouleh, tzatziki, feta cheese, and pita croutons.
- You can’t go wrong with fresh catch. A daily specials menu supplements the main menu at Corvina, and it should guide your ordering. Pair a fresh catch, such as Florida swordfish, with a sauce and a side. While the fried bites are certainly tempting, the roasted cauliflower with lemon tahini, almonds, golden raisins, and mint is equally craveable.
- Dessert is a must. Satisfy that sweet tooth with a small but well-curated dessert selection. Support local and opt for the daily sundae special featuring Proper Ice Cream, or embrace something feistier with the Old San Juan Cheesecake Flan. Cheesecake? Flan? Together? It sounds crazy but it actually works—especially when served alongside cinnamon churros.