Not all things Halloween need to be frightful. Join the Old Timey fun at Yesteryear Village’s family-oriented Halloween celebration, Spookyville (for a scarier time, join the crew for the Evening in the Dark: A Ghostly Affair Walking Tour). Celebrating its fifteenth year, the scare-free Halloween fun allows kids to let their guard down for an evening of trick-or-treating, scarecrow building, rides, and arts and crafts. A throwback to traditional Halloween festivities, Yesteryear volunteers will don the period garb and man the 20 historic buildings for a family-fun evening.
Kids and adults alike are encouraged to wear costumes. On both Sundays (October 18 and 25) there will be a costume contest with awesome prizes. Pets can also compete in a separate Pet Costume Contest on Fridays (October 16, 23 and 30), just remember to bring a leash.
Each Spookyville day gives kids the opportunity to create arts and crafts, and play in a number of themed games and activities. From mad science experiments to dance parties, and spooky story time, there is an activity to suit all levels—for a complete schedule of activities, click here.
- Dates: October 16-18, 23-25, 30-31
- Times: Fridays 5-8 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Tickets: $10; Free for children 2 and younger—click here to print a $5-off coupon.
- Location: Yesteryear Village at the South Florida Fairgrounds, West Palm Beach
- For more information, visit southfloridafair.com/Spookyville.
For an extra scare, head out on a haunted ghost tour, An Evening in the Dark.