Fierce & Frozen: Frozen-themed Birthday Party
The year’s coolest theme makes for an haute children’s party.
For her daughter’s eighth birthday, professional photographer Joriann Maye Keegan of Chris Joriann Photography (561-776-0099) teamed up with local vendors to create a high-end bash inspired by the popular Disney movie Frozen. When choosing a theme for a children’s party, Keegan suggests first asking: “Are there enough creative details to thread the theme through all aspects of the party: decor, invitations, favors, cute foods and, of course, activities and games?”
Structure at a children’s party is key. Keegan filled the party with activities such as a portrait station and a nail and hair station, where guests received a blue manicure and a faux-snow hair treatment, as well as games like Pin the Nose on Olaf (right) and Queen Elsa’s Snowball Toss. Simultaneously, the movie played on a giant screen and silver balloons populated a dance floor where the princesses in training could play.
Keegan worked the theme into the menu, serving Olaf’s noses and buttons (carrots and black olives), Sven’s antlers (pretzels; right) and Anna’s lobster mac and cheese. Dessert included a snowy cake and an expansive dessert table featuring silver-and-blue delicacies like cake pops, cupcakes and Jell-O cups.
To make sure guests felt as special as the birthday girl, Keegan gifted each with a snowflake necklace, a custom-made snowflake wand and white rhinestone take-home dessert boxes.
- Floral design and decor: MB Custom Florals, Boynton Beach (561-364-7898, mbflorals.com)
- Party rentals: Atlas Party Rental, Boynton Beach (561-547-6565, atlaspartyrental.com)
- Cake: Sugar Chef, Delray Beach (954-571-2253, sugarchef.com)
- Dessert table: Ktering Desserts, Miami (786-246-6671, k-desserts.com)
- Location: Clubhouse at Evergrene, Palm Beach Gardens (561-626-1981, evergrene.com)
- Lighting: Illumene, Miami (786-597-3705, illumene.com)