Beer lovers can wet their whistles and quench their thirsts as the third annual Palm Beach Summer Beer Fest floods the cool, indoor South Florida Fairgrounds come Saturday, July 25. With samplings from about 75 different beer and brewing companies from around the world, the flow of malt will seem never ending from 1-5 p.m. And the best part: the beer fest will be held in doors at the fairgrounds’ Expo Center, meaning air-conditioning.
Craft beer enthusiasts can skyrocket their blood alcohol content levels by choosing from a heaping variety of South Florida’s best breweries without traveling to each individual spot. Boynton Beach’s Due South, Delray Beach’s Saltwater Brewery, Tequesta’s Tequesta Brewing Company, Jupiter’s Inlet Brewing Company, and Hobe Sound’s GolfBeer Brewing Company will all be serving. For the ale aficionados who’ve already ventured to every local watering hole and are looking for a taste of what else Florida has to offer, Miami’s Wynwood Brewing Company, Oakland Park’s Funky Buddha Brewery, Tampa’s Cigar City Brewing, and Cape Canaveral’s Florida Beer Company will be in attendance, among plenty of others.
Home brewers looking to make a splash with their own concoction can enter the “King of the Home Brew” contest, which will award $500 in cash or prizes and a trophy to the first place king. The competition will also dish out awards for the best label as well.
What’s a beer fest without music? Parachute, who has toured with artists such as Kelly Clarkson, The Script, O.A.R., and The Goo Goo Dolls, will headline the entertainment on the main stage at 3:45 p.m.
- General admission tickets are $40 in advance, $55 at the door, and will include all craft beer sampling, concert, game, and entertainment areas. Designated driver tickets are $10—no alcohol will be provided. VIP tickets cost $75 in advance, $100 at the door, giving visitors access to special drafts from select breweries as well as a food buffet. For more information, visit palmbeachsummerbeerfest.com.
Where: South Florida Fairgrounds 9067 Southern Blvd., West Palm Beach
When: Saturday, July 25 | 1-5 p.m.
Your Florida beer lineup includes:
- Barrel of Monks – Boca Raton
- Due South – Boynton Beach
- Devour Brewing – Boynton Beach
- Saltwater Brewery – Delray Beach
- GolfBeer Brewing Co. – Hobe Sound
- Inlet Brewing Co. – Jupiter
- Tequesta Brewing Company – Tequesta
- Twisted Trunk Brewing – Palm Beach Gardens
Miami/Fort Lauderdale area:
- Wynwood Brewing Company – Miami
- J. Wakefield Brewing – Miami
- Concrete Beach Brewery – Miami
- Biscayne Bay Brewing – Doral
- Funky Buddha Brewery – Oakland Park (Fort Lauderdale)
- The Native Brewing Company – Fort Lauderdale
- Cigar City Brewing – Tampa
- Coppertail Brewing Co. – Tampa
- Tampa Brew Bus – Tampa
- Orange Blossom Brewing – Orlando
- Florida Beer Company – Cape Canaveral
- Keybilly Island Ale – Islamorada, Florida Keys