It’s hard to believe, but we’ve been shopping at The Gardens Mall since 1988. More than just a mall (and a beautiful one at that), it has become a gathering place for shopping, socializing, dining, attending charity events and ushering in the holidays with dazzling displays.
In celebration of its silver anniversary, The Gardens Mall will host a series of chic events throughout the year, starting with a private reception January 25 to kick off its “25 Years of Giving” campaign, a charitable effort benefiting 25 nonprofits. It’s just one of the reasons we love The Gardens Mall—in fact, in wishing a happy anniversary, we’ve come up with 24 more:
2. It’s bright and beautiful, with plenty of natural light from soaring atriums and dramatic skylights.
3. For those times you just don’t feel like searching for a spot (or it’s just too hot outside to walk), the mall offers valet parking.
4. The spacious lower level is put to good use for community events and exhibits throughout the year, including fashion shows, Art Arribada, Maltz Jupiter Theatre performances and displays and the kickoff party for the Honda Classic.
5. There are two Starbucks locations—one upstairs, one downstairs—so shoppers are never too far from a venti latte.
6. We could easily spend all day here doing more than just shop. The mix of retail, restaurants and services like salons makes the Gardens Mall more of a lifestyle destination.
7. Get your exercise on! Every morning, a group of cardio lovers participates in the Mall Walker Program, burning calories by walking the 1.5 miles of upper and lower mall levels.
8. You can’t beat the location: close to I95, next to Downtown at the Gardens and off PGA Boulevard, the main artery of life in Palm Beach Gardens.
9. The four sculptures in The Gardens Mall are more prominent than most shoppers may realize. For instance, Diana (above), sculpted by Albert Wein in 1985 especially for the mall, won the gold medal at the National Academy of Design’s annual exhibition.
10. The seating areas throughout the mall, especially those on the second-floor landings, are perfect for people watching—and with celebs residing in the area, you’ll never know who you’ll see.
11. Unlike most mall experiences, we don’t want to just get in and get out. The ambiance here is peaceful and cheery.
12. It’s cleaner than Disney World. Seriously.
13. Holidays at the mall are pure magic. Our favorite is the Christmas display (right), with glittering, tasteful decorations and the jolliest Santa in town.
14. After visiting Santa, you can have your newly purchased holiday gifts wrapped complimentary in the mall’s holiday giftwrapping suite.
15. … and then mail them to their recipients from the mall’s full-service post office.
16. We didn’t forget the Easter bunny. He sits in a gorgeous white gazebo surrounded by spring flowers, colorfully painted large eggs and winged friends.
17. Two words: flash mob.
18. Two more words: free Wi-Fi.
20. The large, sleek fountain in the center court, which was renovated in 2007, is a pretty centerpiece.
21. In fact, we also adore the outdoor fountains that welcome us at entrances.
23. Giveaways galore—this is one generous mall. Check the mall’s Facebook page for regular contests and drawings.
24. Perhaps our favorite part? No kiosks = no crowded ground floor, no unwanted solicitations and no stress.
Did we forget a reason? Leave a comment telling us what you love about The Gardens Mall.